What we do:
Aspire offers the opportunity to build your employability skills as well as gain employment.
The employability section of Aspire, can support you with:
- Job Vacancies
- Transferable Skills
- Application Support & CV Writing
- Interview Skills
- Employer & Progression Events
Our Employment Officers work hard to build useful links into employment, apprenticeships and volunteering opportunities. This ranges from advertising job vacancies for employers, acting as a recruitment service and placing students into work, to linking with local volunteers for students to build their skill set through volunteering.
Our vacancies range from part-time for whilst you are studying with us and full-time for when you progress onto your next chapter.
If you are looking for a job you can join our teams page where we post regular job vacancies, you can also sign up to our talent pool, as well as use the job vacancy section of the website. Please see our useful links section to access links to our teams page and talent pool.
Our employment section of Aspire also offers bespoke 1:1 advice.
These sessions can be held in person, via teams and over email if preferred:
- We offer individual sessions to those looking to create/edit a CV as well as Cover Letters (where we can also supply useful guides, resources and worksheets).
- We offer 1:1 sessions on interview skills which can include a mock interview, going over possible interview questions, identifying transferable skills and general interview prep.
- Our 1:1 sessions can also help with identifying and using your transferable skills.
- We offer 1:1 advice on jobs best suited to you, whether that be part-time to build your skills whilst at college or discussing your options for after college.
- We can help identify roles within the local area as well as beyond and also offer recruitment links.
Come and chat with us by making an appointment! Email: Aspire@cavc.ac.uk to make an appointment.
The Employment Officers offer an ‘Employability Program’ to learners within CAVC. Where we come into classes and deliver useful workshops on building those valuable employability skills.
These workshops consist of:
- Meet and Greet
- CV and Cover Letter Workshop
- Job Searching and Applying for Jobs Workshops
- Application Forms Workshop
- LinkedIn Workshop
- Interview Skills Workshop
- Preparing for Work Workshop
These workshops help develop those valuable skills which help us get into a workplace and also understand those transferable skills that we may already have!
Tutors can arrange these workshops via emailing/teams our Employment Officer.